What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith, typically run over eleven weeks. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone is welcome. It runs in cafés, churches, universities, homes – you name it. No two Alpha’s look the same, but generally they have three key things in common: food, a talk and good conversation. Read more about the stories of Alpha in Australia.
When are the Alpha dates?
Alpha is running in the first, second and third terms this year. A typical Alpha session starts with a meal together ($5) then an input session followed by a discussion of the topic. You are welcome to join us and come to see what it’s all about.
Term 1 / Café Church (Wednesdays, 11.30am, free meal – donations accepted):
- 7 February 2018 to 23 May 2018
Two distinct differences from the standard Alpha:
- The Holy Spirit Day Away topics are built into the regular Wednesdays
- The Small Groups become Table Talk for 15 minutes with a Host / table
Term 2 (Tuesdays, 7.00pm):
- 1 May 2018 to 17 July 2018
- Day Away on Saturday 9 June
Term 3 (Tuesdays, 7.00pm):
- 17 July 2018 to 25 September 2018
- Day Away on Saturday 18 August
Where is the venue?
- Churchlands Christian Fellowship, 154 Balcatta Road, Balcatta WA