What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith, typically run over eleven weeks. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone is welcome. It runs in cafés, churches, universities, homes – you name it. No two Alpha’s look the same, but generally they have three key things in common: food, a talk and good conversation. Read more about the stories of Alpha in Australia.
When are the Alpha dates?
Alpha is running in the first, second and third terms this year. A typical Alpha session starts with a meal together ($5) then an input session followed by a discussion of the topic. You are welcome to join us and come to see what it’s all about.
- Sunday nights starting at 5.00pm with a meal, then finishes at 7.30pm
- 17 June: Is There More To Life Than This? (Launch Party)
- 24 June: Who is Jesus?
- 1 July: Why Did Jesus Die?
- 15 July: How Can I Have Faith?
- 22 July: Why and How Should I Pray?
- 29 July: Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- 5 August: How Does God Guide Us?
- 11 August (Saturday Day Away):
- Intro to Day Away & Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does The Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I make the Most of The Rest of My Life?
- 12 August: How Can I Resist Evil?
- 19 August: Why & How Should I Tell Others?
- 26 August: Special prophetic guest Hubbie Synn
- 2 September: Does God Heal Today?
- 9 September: Prayer & Worship Night
- 16 September: What about the church?
Where is the venue?
- Churchlands Christian Fellowship, 154 Balcatta Road, Balcatta WA